Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Town

I live in a small town. Now you may think you know what a small town is, but can you shut your eyes and walk yourself up and down the streets and know the name of the people that live in all the houses of your town? If not, you may not live in a small town. I may not know every single name, but I can see the face of the person. Of course I know where the kids live. The old people are not exactly people I need to know, but I do know who to stay away from. Some people are just kind of scary.
I live in a house with my Mom and my older sister Carol who is 16. That is almost a grown up. She can drive and has a job and a boyfriend. My older brother Ted is 18 and doesn't even live here anymore. My dad died when I was only 3 years old.
My house is on the corner. That sounds funny, but it is the corner of the whole town. In one direction is a field, in the other direction is a field, and in the other direction is a field stretching out till you see the mountains. There are houses and roads way out there, but mostly you see the mountains. Right across the street from me is a house that my friend Karen lives in. Karen has only lived there for about a year, and I am so afraid she will move. Her family is staying with her grandparents for awhile. I just wanted you to see that I live in the big bare nothing.
All the roads in my town are dirt roads except the one road that runs from my house all the way through the next town and right up to the next one. Confusing I know, but there are three small towns almost together and some people call us the Tri-towns. Believe me, we are not one town. Those of us that live here know exactly where one town ends and the next begins.
I live in Firestone, I go to school in Frederick and my best friend Georgi lives in Dacona. If I go out the door and turn left, all I have to do is walk up the hill and there is a little cluster of house where my Grandma lives. I just wanted you to be able to picture my town, but before you go thinking there is grass and sidewalks and trees, I better tell you, there is not. There are a few trees, but not near enough for me. I love to climb trees. The fields around me are full of sagebrush bushes, cactus, grass hoppers and a few snakes. So now I hope you can picture my town.

2 comments:

  1. You painted a picture of the small town you grew up in perfectly, Pam. I thought I grew up in a small town but yours beats mine by a few miles :)

    Be well and happy my friend,
    Hugs- Pam i am 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Your post reminds me of Mitford. When did you change your blog name???? I hadn't seen any posts of your in a long time-thought you just quit blogging but now wonder if I missed it because I wasn't looking for this name. Looking forward to our lunch on the 22nd-should be fun to catch up. Are you meeting us there or at Marlenes?
    Have a great day!
    xxx,Noreen

    ReplyDelete